Saturday, December 27, 2008

Interpreting Smurfs and Hugs



At first glance, I thought these were two separate dreams.  But the more I thought about them, the more I realized that they were connected.  My uncle Mel was such an important part of my life. He always helped me to understand the crazy things that would go on in my world and make me feel better about them.  He was also the glue that kept my family close.  You know who that's like? Papa Smurf.  Everytime Gargamel came close to eating all the Smurfs or a magic egg that granted everybody's wish lead to chaos, Papa Smurf brought everything back to normal.  

Looking at the dream dictionary,  I see that "hugging" in dreams means "closeness".  Ever since my uncle mel died, our family hasn't been as close.  In the dream I try and hug everyone but the hugs don't feel "real".  I tried again, and they still felt fake.  Maybe this means that I want to be close to my family, but I don't know how anymore now that he's gone.

The second part of the dream had Papa Smurf teaching a regular Smurf how to play the piano. In the dream dictionary it says that a "piano" means "harmony".  The dictionary also says when you dream of a piano out of tune it means you need to "repair a relationship".  Returning to my dream, the Smurf played the piano poorly at first, but with the help of Papa Smurf, he began playing beautifully.  So beautifully that it began to add to a movie that played above the piano. Maybe the dream means that with Uncle Mel's (Papa Smurf) help, I can begin to get close to my family again and bring my life back into harmony.

No comments: