Monday, November 16, 2009

10 Things I Fear...

by Juan Emilio


1. Mosquitos-- When they start buzzing around me I go c r a z y and can think of nothing else.
2. People talking about me negatively behind my back
3. Dropping my baby
4. Being out of shape-- Lots of my clothes don't fit me...will it get worse?
5. Life moving too quickly-- Will it be over before I know it?
6. Losing all my hair-- My dad's hairline starts way too high...will mine too?
7. Headaches-- How bad will this one be? Will it last forever?
8. Cold and Flu-- I need energy to be a dad and teacher? I can't get sick!
9. Tight Spaces--
10. Car Sickness-- It's only the first 20 minutes of a two hour car trip and I already feel sick! Will I make it without throwing up?
-----------------

In number 9, I mentioned being afraid of tight spaces. Here's why: When I was about seven years old, I was with my family at my Aunt Sara's house. All my cousins were there and I was by far the youngest. They were all teenagers with deep voices and the beginning of whiskers.
Anyhow, we were all gathered in my cousin Freddy's room and there was this huge wooden toy chest. One of my cousin's said, "Louie, why don't you go in there and see if you fit." I did, and boy was it a mistake. As soon as I climbed into the small dark space the lid shut above me and a lock clanked closed. I heard muffled laughter erupt from outside and my stomach dropped.
"Help! Get me out of here! Let me out !" I repeated over and over again. They just continued to laugh. Finally, after I don't know how many minutes, my sister ran out and fetched my parents. My dad came in the room and let me out. But by that time the damage was done. Left in their scared and powerless, I am now permanently scared of tight spaces.

1 comment:

mbetances188 said...

h wow i cant believe that your own cousins would do that to you i would be scared to if i was in the same situation
by marleni